Join our team
We’re looking for an experienced accountant to join our team in Cluj-Napoca. In this role, you will provide the full cycle of accounting support to the entire organization.
This position prepares journal entries, reconciles accounts, performs monthly closings, manages company taxes, budgeting, and forecasting, monitoring of company expenditures, and payroll calculation.
As an accountant, you will be responsible for providing insight and decision support to heads of departments and senior leadership teams.
The accountant communicates with diverse teams of stakeholders, including in-house and outsourced teams.
What we’re looking for:
- Day-to-day accounting entries of the transactional data in the accounting system
- Maintain the company’s bank accounts reconciliations
- Preparation and filing of the VAT returns, monthly tax returns for the social security and salary tax, withholding tax returns to the Romanian Tax Administration
- Preparation of the annual CIT return and tax balance and supporting schedules substantiating differences between the financial statements and annual CIT computation
- Support in any kind of accounting and tax audits which may be performed by the relevant Romanian authorities
- Registrations and deregistration of employees with relevant regulatory authorities and social security funds
- Payroll calculation
- Preparation and filing of preliminary and final monthly and annual statutory financial statements
- Cash flow management
- Support with the company’s budgeting and forecasting process
- Maintain and support the Company’s internal systems
You'll need to succeed:
- You will ideally have 3+ years of experience in finance/ FP&A function, budgeting and financial skills
- Strong knowledge of Romanian laws and legislations, be familiar with Labour Law
- The ability to support and collaborate with senior stakeholders
- Excellent analytical/numerical skills – including strong attention to detail and advanced Excel skills
- Strong stakeholder management skills, a team player, independent and self-sufficient
- Ability to effectively prioritize your work
- Advanced knowledge of English
Nice to have:
- Finance/Accountingqualification (e.g. ACCA , CFA or CPA)
- Bachelor’s degree in arelevant field